Second-stage, or transitional, housing provides support for women who have left abusive relationships, helping them make plans for independent living.
At Armagh, we provide:
- Safe and affordable, temporary housing, for up to one year
- Emotional support and ongoing counselling from on-site, qualified staff
- Practical support, as well as accompaniment, for family/criminal court, including legal information, advocacy and resources
- Transitional support for up to one year after the women leave Armagh and move into permanent housing
- Group facilitation on issues such as, but not limited to, living independently, self-esteem, parenting as a single parent, budgeting and other educational programs
- Our modern, self-sufficient furnished apartments can accommodate nine women and their children. Additional facilities for residents include laundry, a children’s play area, youth room and a computer room with internet access
How are women referred?
Women are referred to us from local shelters. Once a unit becomes available, we send a notice of availability to crisis shelters in the Peel Region.